Redesigned website for Dept. of Forestry & Wood Tech.- 19 March, 2008
After several emails, telephone calls and a trip to Akure, the website of the Department of Forestry & Wood Technology was finally completed. The mandate given was to design a site that will be visually appealing on most browsers, informative, unique, that loads fast and is optimised for search engines. We are happy we met the set objectives.
The website which is optimised for search engines was designed using Macromedia Fireworks, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Mix-FX.
Comments from users of the website
These comments were sent to the HOD of the department. He later fowarded them to us when we asked if there were any issues he would want us to sort out.
- The FWT FUTA website is ‘numero uno’ among equals. It compares favourably with the foreign ones I’ve visited. It’s so natural.
- This is a great and good initiative for the University to follow. I believe your department will not mind sharing the secrets with other departments. As an alumnus of FUTA, I will talk to my department to talk to you on how to develop one for Mechanical Engineering.
- CONGRATULATIONS! Indeed you have proved to all foresters and allied colleagues in Nigeria and Africa that there is hope for forestry development. This is what a lot of scientists have been waiting and looking for to showcase a new delivery in conjunction with what obtains in the world- Networking. May the illumination of the society bring light to the dark tunnels of the forestry profession to radiate productivity, efficiency, result-oriented research and mission accomplishment. I will go through all the pages and send my comments for improvement at a future date. Once again, I do say Bravo.
- This is a good one and more grease to your elbow. My comment is that apart from the HOD’s picture and those of Prof. Fuwape, Dr. Onyekwelu, Mr. Fabiyi and Mr. Akinnagbe, all others should change their pictures. It will not cost much to get very fine pictures of individuals and post them on a fine website like this.
- Congrats on a very good job. Now why can't FUT Akure and other Universities in Nigeria have websites as good as this one? In fact it rivals or even beat some websites in the advanced world.
- Congratulations for this achievement. Best wishes in your future endeavours at lifting the name of your department and nay, the University.
- Well done and wishing you more progress for our dear Department. But let there be a section for the Alumni of the Department. Congratulations.
- What a great achievement! I congratulate you and the entire members of the dept for this wonderful blazing of the trail! Congrats sir and more grease to your thinking cap. May the dept and indeed the entire university continue to make greater progress.
- Good day Sir. I want to say that your departmental website is quite commendable and it is of international standard. I went through all the links, they loaded pretty fast, full of information that are very relevant to your programs. I am yet to see anything to criticise positively for now, if I see any I will let you know.